Mr. Maust, Latin at Cal High
- - -
- - -
At Cal High we learn Latin in an engaging, natural and fun way!
It is my hope that all Latin students will
- cultivate appreciation for a world that was, and still is, connected to Latin
- develop a love for the art of conversation and connecting with others
- have a positive experience understanding and producing a new language!
Latin Students at Cal High
- hear lots of Latin being spoken in the classroom
- connect interpersonally with others in Latin and English
- create their own stories and read stories and books in Latin that are compelling and interesting
- learn about particular areas of ancient culture and the Latin language that especially interest them
- form lasting relationships with other Latin students at Cal and beyond.
Latin at Cal High is a family!
About Mr. Maust
I graduated from Biola University with a History major and teaching credential, and later added my Latin credential through California State University Long Beach. I love teaching Latin! I also love history, reading, games, travel, camping, and playing instruments (especially the piano, organ, accordion and harmonica!). I live in Whittier with my wife and three children. If you come to our Latin club events, you will get to know them!